Friday, August 6, 2010

(the ugliest) mozzarella sticks (in the world)

I saw a tupperware with leftover mozzarella in the far behind of my fridge and decided to make mozzarella sticks for my lunch. Well, trust me, I've never tried to make them at home and haven't seen any restaurant (or fast food store, whatever) that serves mozzarella sticks in France (yet), so it has been more than 4 years since I had them last time. Yeah, 4 years without mozzarella sticks... I can't believe it.

So, I googled "mozzarella sticks" - there're more than 332,000 search results (and I don't think all of them are recipes for mozzarella sticks, haha) - and randomly picked one recipe (which turned out to be the lamest one. It didn't tell me I should make the breadcrumbs around mozzarella sticks be thick enough or it will taste better if I add some garlic powder or parsley to the bread crumbs!)

You need:
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • 1 egg
  • bread crumbs
  • all-purpose flour


cut mozzarella cheese into sticks

and roll them lightly on flour
(make sure that all six sides are well-covered with flour)

dip them into the lightly whisked egg

and rolle them on the bread crumbs
(once again, make sure that all six sides are nicely-covered)
The thing I didn't know here was that you should do 'egg/breadcrumbs' process twice, to make the breadcrumbs around mozzarella sticks are thick enough.... yeah, so, you can imagine why my mozzarella sticks became the ugliest ones in the world. :(


See? do the 'egg/breadcrumbs' process twice.

I'm sure I'll make prettier mozzarella sticks next time.
But, anyway, they tasted good. Just as good as the ones I had back home.

2 comments:

  1. hi ;) I'm currently reading your posts at Egloos- didn't know you kept an english blog. I am thinking of making one; may I ask some questions later on using blogspot.com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ayan :)
    yeah, i'm trying to keep this blog alive as well, but the thing is that i feel lazy to translate all entries i do on egloos. you'll see there exists some time lag between korean one and english one.

    anyway, feel free to ask me any question you have! thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete