Thursday, May 26, 2011

Les Petits Mouchoirs (2010)

Since last year when it was released, I've been hearing people (especially girls) talking about this movie so many times - mostly good opinions, so I started to get curious enough to give it a try.

And I finished watching it just 1 hour ago.

Well, is my heart made of stone or what. A girl I know said she "cried" in the cinema while watching it. And other girls also said it's a sad movie, so I thought I'd need a "mouchoir" (which means handkerchief, by the way) next to me while I'm watching it. I waited and waited for my eyes getting wet until the credits go up... et voila, my heart was still beating at the normal speed and my eyes were just the same. But NO! I'm not an emotionless person! (I still remember I cried until my eyes got super swollen when I watched Jeux Interdis (1952) or E.T. (1982), hahaha yes, E.T., but I was just a little kid when I watched it)

The thing is that this movie was a bit predictable. Just 10 or 15 mins after the beginning, it can be easily guessed what will be happening in the end. And the music! Alas! To me, it was just too much - I even felt some scenes were just added to use certain songs in the movie (I'm not saying the music itself was bad).

To me, it's a good movie to watch when you're looking for something not too special and something you can watch with anybody without getting bored.

Anyway, I guess it was good that I watched it alone while my husband is away for business trip, since he is really picky when it comes to movie (worse than I am, I'm nothing compared to him) and I instinctually know that he won't like this movie at all, haha.

1 comment: