Monday, August 23, 2010

Pierniki i Krówka mleczna - sweets from Poland

When our beloved friend, P, was coming back from a week long vacation from Poland (his home), he brought us some sweets. I jumped with excitement when I saw the bags of Krówka mleczna (yeah, it's really good and I like it so much). And also, there was something new called Pierniki, which I've never had any chance to try before.

Krówka mleczna has a cute cow print on the package which let you guess the contents would be related to milk (considering there's no 'beef' flavored sweets).

Look at those nicely wrapped sweets!

And they are all 'hand made'!

Inside the wrapping paper, there's a little message (in Polish) as well!
(I have no idea what they mean ... what a shame!)

This is the best caramel ever!

And this is called Pierniki. I like its package, it reminds me Christmas time.

There're three different shapes - heart, moon, and... teddy bear?

Yup, it tastes wonderful.
It tastes like Christmas spiced cookie, coated with crispy sugar.
Now I am really motivated to look for a nice recipe for home-made Pierniki!

P! Thank you so much once again!
We're finishing these sweets too quickly! Next time, please bring us 5 bags each! ;)


4 comments:

  1. hi just wondering does krowka mleczna contain any nuts? looks yum thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! well, i don't speak Polish (and moreover, i don't have the package with me anymore), so i don't know whether it contains nuts or not.... but i couldn't taste any hint of nuts (but you never know. if you're allergic to nuts, check it before you eat)

    ReplyDelete