Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Snap Pea Salad

We had a super heavy dinner last night (fyi, big size milanesa with pico de gallo sauce, plus arroz rojo as a side dish ... you see?), so I was really up for eating something healthy and light today. But my fridge didn't provide me many options; I found a little bit of snap peas, tomatoes, and a bag of salad. These snap peas have been there almost a week, so I decided to prepare something definitely contains snap peas. I simply googled "Snap Pea Salad" et voilà, I found a great recipe! (If you want to see the original recipe, click here)

Ingredients (1 serving):
  • Salad
  • Snap peas
  • 1 Tomato (yeah, I know you see two in the picture, but I used just one)
  • Some pine nuts (or Almonds)
For dressing:
  • Wine vinegar 25ml
  • Olive oil 50ml
  • 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp of brown sugar

Put snap peas in the boiling water for 2 minutes (make sure they're still crisp),
and wash them in the cold water.

Mix them with salad.

Add slices of tomato and sprinkle some pine nuts.
That's it! (this is one of the easiest salads I've ever made)



No comments:

Post a Comment