Friday, September 3, 2010

Pierre André Rully Blanc, 2008 (Bourgogne)

I am not a wine connaisseuse - well, I'm far from being a connaisseuse, I know little about wine. But I still have my favorite kind of wine; when it comes to white wine, it's chardonnay. I like its subtle flavor, I like its color, I like its scent. I mostly like chardonnay from Bourgogne (Burgundy, in English), and here I came across my new favorite chardonnay of this year (so far) at a reasonable price.

It's Pierre André Rully blanc!

Some wines from Pierre André are quite pricy for an everyday consumption; however, it seems that Rully blanc doesn't belong to that group (and tastes very good!).
You can see the symbol of Château de Corton André (the roof tiles of the castle) on the label.

vintage 2008 (récolte means 'harvest' in French)



Its color is pale gold.
And it has this great buttery chardonnay flavor.
(yeah, I know it sounds strange, but I find it 'buttery', haha)

Pierre André has a nice homepage as well, if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment